Main muscle: Chest
Other muscles: Triceps, Shoulders
Equipment: no equipment
Mechanics type: compound
Fitness level: expert
Category: Street Workout, Plyometrics
- As an optional advanced starting technique, fall forward from standing into a push-up position. Keep your core tight and body straight as your hands make contact with the ground.
- Otherwise, get in the top position of a push-up, with your arms extended, back and neck in a straight line, and core tight. This will be your starting position.
- Descend into the bottom position of a push-up with arms flexed to 90-degrees, back still straight, and core kept tight.
- Push upwards as powerfully as possible from both your hands and feet, propelling yourself upwards into the air. Both your hands and feet should lose contact with the ground. Extend your arms forward while in the air so that your body is in a straight line.
- Land back into a push-up position—this is one repetition. Allow your momentum to carry you into the bottom position of a push-up and immediately transition into a second repetition.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.