Main muscle: Chest
Other muscles: Triceps, Shoulders
Equipment: no equipment
Mechanics type: compound
Fitness level: intermediate
Category: Increase strength
- Begin in the "up" position of a push-up: arms extended, back and neck in a straight line, and core tight. This will be your starting position.
- Descend into the bottom position of the push-up by flexing at the elbows into a 90-degree position.
- Lean (and shift your body weight) to one side by attempting to place your front deltoid on your palm. Simultaneously, extend your opposite arm into a straight line. Your bent arm may move slightly to accommodate your other arm fully extending. This is okay.
- Next, transition your weight to your opposite arm, repeating the same motions. Once completed, this is one repetition.
- Rock back and forth, and repeat for recommended number of repetitions.