Main muscle: Chest
Other muscles: Triceps, Shoulders
Equipment: no equipment
Mechanics type: compound
Fitness level: intermediate
- Begin in the "up" position of a push-up: arms extended, back and neck in a straight line, and core tight. This will be your starting position.
- Descend into the bottom position of the push-up by flexing at the elbows until they reach a 90-degree position.
- Push upwards as powerfully as possible through your hands to propel yourself upwards off the ground and into the air.
- Bring your hands together to complete a clap while in the air. Return to the starting position and immediately transition into a subsequent repetition.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.