90-Degree Jump Squat Twist
Main muscle: Quads
Other muscles: Glutes, Hamstrings, Calves
Equipment: no equipment
Mechanics type: compound
Fitness level: beginner
- Position your feet into a slightly wider than shoulder width stance with your toes slightly pointed out and knees slightly bent. Bring your arms to your chest, tucking in your elbows at your side. Keep your neck neutral and maintain a straight back. This will be your starting position.
- Descend into a squat by pushing your hips and butt backwards. Continue down until the upper legs are at or just below parallel to the floor.
- Once you reach your bottom position, powerfully push through your heels to jump upwards.
- As you ascend into the air, rotate 90-degrees to your right.
- Once you land (land on balls of your feet), immediately transition into a subsequent squat and propel yourself upwards, again rotating 90-degrees. Repeat four times (a complete 360-degrees) for one repetition.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.